Glory To The Almighty

Glory To The Almighty

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 2 (Belgaum-Nashik)

Day 2 (Belgaum-Nashik)


We crossed the border of Karnataka entering to the state of Maharashtra. One of my most memorable motorcycle rides in my life. The best is ahead somewhere in the north of India.

All is well for the first day. Had a good rest. Ate at the hotel’s restaurant for last night’s dinner. And that was my first time having masala papad. Thanks guys for introducing it to me. Its just a huge peppered papadom with chopped onions and tomatoes. Been ordering this in every restaurant since then.

Started packing at 6.00 a.m. Had my Fajar prayers. Move out from the hotel in Belgaum. Not to mention the roads were closed for Diwali, Deepavali what its called in Malaysia. They had a full month of festivals.

Sorry friends in Belgaum for not meeting up with you guys. I was too tired the night before.

We took a few detours before finally reaching the open, wide roads of the highway. I was awestruck and all praises to God for the beautiful scene which I had on my video. Beautiful light of dawn with the wind turbines from afar. Why can’t Malaysia have this renewable energy. It would make our country beautiful. Its just majestic to see these wind turbines rotating slowly and gracefully.

Free highways. Free highways for us as bikers. Weeeeeee...

Wind turbines at dawn

 
I only have one thing to say, just breathtaking from the beginning until the end of Maharashtra. I have no words to describe but I have pictures to tell. 



Niroop was high to see open and free highways.



Suhas and Niroop



I like this picture the most



Went along Karad where few Malaysians are there. Mostly girls. Sorry to Haziq and Qidran for not stopping by, because I had 400 kilometers to cover that day. All the best in Malaysia. Serve the country well..



We had to go through Pune too reach Nashik 292 kilometers north.






The city of Pune( Pronounced as Pu-Ne) Maharashtra. East of Mumbai. A beautiful city, quiet. Larger than Mangalore and cleaner. 

Helmets are not needed for riders as seen as above. Most of them wore scarfs on their heads like those Arabs Badwins. Making only the eyes visible. Yay for freedom but boo for safety.








 Pune to Nashik was a straight forward ride. Reached Nashik around 9.00 p.m. Got a close call from a car because it was pitch black on the road. Road was good, well maintained. But no lights, no cars, no one. Noticed a bifid road. One going to the right, one going to the left. I thought the left was a one way lane until a car from no where, flashes the light just 20 meters ahead of me. Thanks to Shrikanth for alerting me, really bro otherwise we would be somehow in pieces maybe. Then I realized double lines in the middle of the road. Moral of the story, never drive at night in unfamiliar roads.


However the ride from Belgaum to Nashik was something to remember.


Nap in Shanti Inn


Most places are too many for me to capture by a camera. It will be a beautiful memory in medial temporal lobe as long as I don’t suffer from a concussion.

A wrap for day 2. Day 3 will bring us to the city of Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.






No comments: